I normally don’t send these special bulletins, but I wanted to get this to you ASAP.
You probably heard on the news that the IRS is sending out “advance payments” of $250 – $300 per month for children.
The first payments went out THIS WEEK (July 15th).
The payments will continue every month on the 15th until December 15th of 2021.
There’s a lot of confusion and questions about these, so I wanted to get you ACCURATE information about these payments.
Also, so that you have direct links to certain pages where you can take certain actions if needed.
Please feel free to forward this email to people in your network who may have questions about this topic and need this info.
First, here is the IRS “main page” regarding the Advance Child Tax Credit.
* If you want to check your eligibility for these payments, you can do that here.
* If you want to update the bank account that the IRS will use to deposit your payments, you can do that here.
* If you want to “opt-out” of payments (i.e. “save” the full credit amounts for your 2021 tax return), you can do that here.
* NOTE: If your income has increased in 2021, relative to past years, you may want to opt-out of these advance payments to avoid any danger of needing to pay back the amounts received.
* If you (or someone you know) doesn’t file tax returns but has kids, the IRS has created a “non-filer tool” here, where you can register yourself and your children, so that you will receive the payments (if you are eligible).
Keep in mind that we are not the IRS (thank goodness) and we are not responsible for anything the IRS does or doesn’t do.
The payments come from the IRS, not us 🙂
If something on the IRS website doesn’t work, your payment doesn’t come “on time,” or anything else regarding this program, we MAY be able to help you, but we are NOT responsible for administering this program, making sure it works smoothly, “checking on” your payment status, or anything of that nature.
If you have questions that you need to ask the IRS, you can visit their website here (they’ve developed an extensive FAQ for this program). Or you can call the IRS at (800) 829 – 1040.
Hope that helps and hope your summer is going well!
I’m grateful for your trust, and for your referrals, .
Chrisa L Anderson